mercredi 6 avril 2016

Un beau défi ! - Challenging task

 
 
Cette semaine j’avais tout un défi à relever!
 
 This week I worked on a challenging project with my embroidery machine.
 
Mon conjoint est l’entraineur de l’équipe de hockey de ma Princesse. La saison va prendre fin bientôt et mon conjoint voulait offrir aux filles une casquette aux couleurs de l’équipe au lieu d’un trophée.   Jusque là, je supporte l’idée.
 
My husband is coaching my princess’s hockey team.  The season is almost over and my husband decided that instead of trophy this year, he will give the girls baseball hat. So far the idea is pretty good!
 
La ou les choses se compliquent s’est lorsque qui se rencontre que le coût associé avec la broderie des initiales sur la casquette est de 10$, ce qui rend l’idée moins intéressante. Avec un budget serré, il me demande si je peux faire la broderie.  Je l’informe que la broderie n’est pas si simple à faire sans l’équipement pour casquette.  J’ai finalement dit oui!   J’avais vraiment peur de manquer mon coup.  Le tout c’est bien déroulé et j’ai complété les 16 casquettes. J’ai hâte de voir les filles les porter.

 
Where things got more interesting are that he also wanted to put the girls initials on the back of the hat.  After checking with the hat supplier the cost would had been $10 per hat which is above the budget for the team.  Consequently, my husband asked me if I would be willing to do it.  My first response was this would be very complicated and would take a lot of time.    I finally said yes!  So I used my embroidery software and created the 16 initials required for the hats.  I basted my design to help  with holding the hat in the hoop.  I don’t have a special hoop to make hats. I was really scared to mess up the hat but they turned out to be just right.  I cannot wait to see the girls wearing the hats.
 
La fin de semaine dernière, l'équipe a participée dans un tournois de hockey.  Les filles ont remporté la médaille d'or.
 
Last weekend, the team participated in an hockey tournament and won the Championship.
 
Go Ice Rays Go!
 
Nadine

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire