dimanche 26 mars 2017

The Fabric Geeks - Live Long and Prosper Round




Hello,

My adventure with The Fabric Geeks strike off tester team continues with the Live Long and Prosper Round.  I was able to test The Empire Cotton Lycra "Klingon" from the current  pre-order.    This collection features custom fabric inspired from the Star Trek theme.  If you are a fan you should have a look at the panels, the colours are so nice.
 
The Fabric Geeks print on Oeko Tex ® certified cotton lycra knit fabric, 95% Cotton 5% lycra, with 4 way stretch.
 
The fabric is digitally printed with a weight that may vary from 250-270GSM.  Which means it is heavier than most jersey knit (195GSM - 220GSM). It is approximately 56-60” wide including selvage with at least 54” of usable fabric.

This is my second time using the Elliedactyle Lyric Hoodie. My first version was cute but I didn't like the construction of this hoodie.  I changed a few things and I liked it a lot better! 

I used buttons instead of snaps and I added a ribbon to cover the seam around the hood and neckline.  I don't like when you can see the serge seam.  Please note, the fit is really slim on this pattern.
 
 
If you wonder I order a lot from The Fabric Geeks, I’m a real costumer not just a tester.  I’m a huge fan of the plain black cotton lycra (bottom part of the sleeves).  I ordered three yards the last time and I will have to order some again.

New this round is the Double Brushed Poly (96% polyester, 4% spandex). I will probably order the Cosmos Double Brushed for some funky top.

I also made a pair of "Awesome" boxer.  This specific pattern is Jalie #2327 unfortunately, it is no longer available and it was replaced by #3242   which offers better comfort (per the designer).

The Fabric Geeks - Live Long & Prosper Pre-order is open until March 30 at 11:59PM EST.  For my Canadian followers a google document is available here if you prefer to pay in Canadian dollars.

This was a fun project and allowed us to introduce the kids to Star Trek.

Take care,

Nadine



Bonjour,

Je continu mon aventure avec l'équipe de test The Fabric Geeks et la collection "Live Long and Prosper".  J'ai testé le cotton lycra The Empire - "Klingon" inspiré de Star Trek. Si vous êtes un amateur de la série vous devez jeter un coup d'œil aux panneaux. 

Le tissu est imprimé sur un cotton certifié Oeko Tex ®  (95% Cotton, 5% lycra).  Le dessin est imprimé digitalement sur un tissu variant de 250 à 270 GSM.  Ceci veut dire que le poids est plus élevé que la majorité des tissés cotton jersey (195 à 220 GSM). 

C'est la deuxième fois que j'utilise le patron Lyric Hoodie de Elliedactyle.  Ma première version était adorable, mais je n'aimais pas la construction.  J'ai fais quelques modifications incluant l'utilisation de buttons au lieu de buttons pression et j'ai ajouté un ruban autour du capuchon et cou pour cacher la couture à la surjetteuse.

J'utilise souvent les tissus The Fabric Geeks, j'adore le cotton lycra uni noir (celui sur les manches et la bande du bas).


Il y du nouveau chez The Fabric Geeks, il offre maintenant un mélange polyester et spandex (Double Brushed Poly 96% polyester, 4% spandex).  Je vais probablement faire l'essai du Cosmos.

J'ai aussi fait une paire de sous-vêtement avec un patron de Jalie #2327.  Ce patron à été remplacé par le #3242, pour offrir un meilleur confort selon le désigner.

Le tissu est offert en pré-vente jusqu'au 30 Mars.  Si vous désirez avoir une facture en dollars canadiens suivez ce lien au document de commande google.

Je me suis bien amusé avec ce projet et nous avons profité de l'occasion pour introduire les enfants à Star Trek.

Bonne semaine,

Nadine









Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire