lundi 11 septembre 2017

The Fabric Geeks - Through the Stones


Hello,

Over the last month,  I worked on a few new items for my growing boy. This skinny guy was the reason behind my return to sewing on a regular basis. His closet is filled with mommy made clothes.

I started my back to school sewing with some strike off fabric from the current pre-order at The Fabric Geeks ''Through the Stones''.  I was sent the Inverness Plaid which is a 95% cotton and  5% lycra knit.  This is 4 way stretch with a very good weight (250-270 gsm).  This Inverness Plaid is also available in French Terry.


A little bit about the pattern, I used the Titchy Threads Safari raglan.  I truly love the fit of this pattern, I went one size bigger for this shirt because I wanted him to wear it more than only a few months. I used this pattern for the boys but also for my princess. Last Christmas, I even used it as a pyjama top.


I had a little bit of left over fabric so I decided to use it for another long sleeve tee.  The pattern is also from Titchy Threads, Hawthorn. This pattern was my first pattern I tested over three years ago. My youngest still wears it.  I love this pattern a lot, with all the little details that make this look so perfect.

The applique is from Planet Applique. It has been a long time I had used my embroidery machine. I love adding some personalisation to my creations.


If you decide to have a look at this pre-order you will recognize a few elements from the Outlander series. Who will be watching the new season?

The pre-order is open from Aug 28 to Sept 14.  There is also solid matching colour and panels available. This little guy has no clue about the theme associated with the fabric, but he loves the Celtic style and the fact that it is green.

Take care,
Nadine


Allo,

Mon grand garçon, qui est en pleine croissance, avait besoin de nouveaux vêtements pour la rentrée des classes.  Ce garçon maigrichon est la principale raison de mon retour à la couture.
 
J’ai débuté ma collection de la rentrée des classes avec le tissu de la dernière précommande ‘Through the Stones’ chez The Fabric Geeks. La propriétaire m’a envoyé le plaid Iverness pour en faire l'essai.  Ce tissue à motifs de carreaux écossais est un tricot (95% cotton et 5% lycra avec poids de 250-270 gsm).  Ce plaid est aussi disponible en cotton français. 
 
Pour le patron, j’ai choisi le Safari raglan de Titchy Threads un de mes préférés.  J’ai coupé une grandeur plus grande, en espérant qu’il va le porter une bonne partie de l’hiver.  J’ai utilisé ce patron autant pour ma fille que pour les garçons.  J’ai même fait des hauts de pyjamas avec ce patron.
 
Avec les restants de tissu du Iverness,  j’ai fait un autre chandail à manches longues de la collection de Titchy Threads.  Le Hawthorn fut le premier patron que j’ai testé; il y a déjà plus de 3 ans.

Ce patron est surprenant avec plusieurs détails de construction. J'adore le col, la fermeture éclaire est complètement caché. Une très belle finition.  




J'ai ajouté un petit brin de personnalité avec un appliqué sur le devant en utilisant une machine à coudre de broderie.  Ce dessin provient de Planet Applique, ma boutique préférée pour dessin d'enfants.



Je vous souhaite une belle semaine et revenez la semaine prochaine pour un autre patron de Titchy Threads.
A+
Nadine 

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire