lundi 6 septembre 2021

Back to school - Retour en classe

Hello, We are slowly going back to normal in my corner of the world.  I have high hope we will stay away from the roller coaster of last year. The kids were back and forth between the in-class and virtual learning. 

 I started my back to school sewing with a pair of cargo pants from Love Notions.  I bought the Vanguard Kit when it came out in 2018! I made the t-shirt a few times but this was my first time trying the cargo pants.  

 


I really like the design features. The side pocket is designed in an angle and the cute fold at the knee.


The outfit also features the Jalie Nico raglan. This T-shirt pattern is a staple for my boys.  I used this pattern for swim rash guard and under layer shirt for hockey.   



I love the size chart from the Jalie pattern collection (kids to adult). The fabric for the raglan t-shirt is from Discovery Fabric.  It is a technical jersey fabric (polyester/spandex) and a great option for hot summer days. The fabric is moisture-wicking and quick drying.  

 


Journal notes:

Modification to the cargo pants, Vanguard kit pattern: I used a size 8 and modified the crotch length to match size 10.  I extended the length and moved the knee details.

Nico raglan tee #3669 : size N with extended length 

 

Fabric:

Cargo pants: cotton poplin, camouflage black from l'oiseau Fabrics.

T-shirt: Tech Jersey, Rust from Discovery Fabric (180 gsm, 4-way stretch 65% side-to-side, 35% lengthwise)

If you are looking to save money on fabric, I have reference program links on the resources page.

Take care,

Bonne rentré à tous! 

Nadine



Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire