dimanche 30 octobre 2022

Rebecca Page - Hoodie Dress

 


Hello,

This month I tried an older pattern from Rebacca Page, the hoodie dress.  I love hoodie, so I thought I would give it a try.  I selected a fabric that is on the warmer side. My intention is to wear this hoodie at the rink to keep my bootie warm during hockey games.  


The hoodie dress is a loose-fitting top with raglan sleeve and hood.  It features cuffed sleeves and a cute high-low cuffed hem.  The instructions were easy to follow, and the pattern offered the option to select individual sizes.  I made a size Small with a few alterations to the length.  I reduced the body length by two inches just above the pocket guideline.  I also reduced the sleeve length by two inches.




A little bit about the fabric, I use an Eike brushed sweatshirt from L'Oiseau Fabrics with 95% cotton and 5% Elastane stretch. The fabric is very soft and warm. The color is Prussian blue.
 
The hood is oversized which is more a design feature that a practical hood. I saw another designer Greenstyle* promoting a similar hoodie dress.  Greenstyle's version includes a few other options instead of the hood.



Overall, I’m happy with my hoodie dress and I will be wearing it for the next hockey game!

My teenager and I had some fun with this project on my Instagram account. Follow me if you don’t want to miss any of my projects.

Happy Sewing!


Designer

Rebecca Page *

Pattern name

Hoodie Dress

Sizes

XXS to 5XL

Options:Two

Two length options: mid-thigh and knee length
Kangaroo pocket
hood cord

Complexity level:

Beginner level

Seam allowance:

3/8”, 1.5cm






Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire