dimanche 30 octobre 2022

5 out of 4 - Sleepy Jean Halloween

 


Halloween Costumes are always my favorite projects of the year. I love the brainstorming behind creating each of those projects.  Those projects always require some thinking outside the box and trying new things. I love the challenge. 

I started from a drawing from the boys and internet pictures to help me recreate those characters.   My first project was a Pokémon Charmander.  You can find the second project, Deku from My Hero Academia here.

The basis for this project was to create an onesie, I started with 5 out of 4 pattern sleepy jean* pattern.  I cut a size 12 and extended the length of the trunk for my son’s size.  The trunk measurement is key in making Onesie.  



One major detail was the contrasting stomach piece.  I drafted an oval piece which I cut in two.  To help with keeping the overall piece in place I use iron-on adhesive HeatnBond.  I also use one of the design stitches from my sewing machine to give a Coverstitch style to my finish. 

 


The tail was another feature of this costume, I use this tutorial to create the shape of the tail: dino tail tutorial, I stuffed the tail and ask my son to draw the fire design.  I also used HeatnBond to keep everything in place.




The next addition was the eyes, I created them using the cricut software. I got the inspiration from images available on the internet. 

 


The fabric used for this project came from L'Oiseau fabrics.  

Maike solid French Terry Orange with 50% stretch lengthwise and 25% stretch widthwise. The fabric is very soft, I love the quality.


Happy Halloween! 



Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire